Edisto Beach Pet "House Rules"
Some homeowners graciously allow renters to bring certain types of pets to their vacation rental houses. A Pet Fee of $150/pet/week is charged plus a refundable $200 Pet Security Deposit. The guest will be asked to sign a Pet Contract as well.
To ensure this privilege is not abused and thus remains available for many renters to enjoy, the following rules MUST be followed:
- Bring something for your pet to sleep on- a favorite blanket, towel or bed.
- Animals are not allowed on furniture. Do not let animals “rub” against furniture.
- Wet animals are not allowed in the homes. If your animal goes swimming or wading, please wash off sand and salt water and spend time with the animal outside until it is dry.
- Remember, your pet is in a strange home. Do not leave it unattended for long periods of time. Do not make it difficult for him/her to abide by their “housebreaking” rules. Do not leave it unattended at all if it barks, chews, etc when left alone! Do not lock him in a room.
- Your neighbors are on vacation also and treasure the peacefulness of Edisto. Do not allow your pet to become noisy or aggressive or to otherwise cause any type of annoyance or discomfort to others. Any complaint received by us or by the owner of the property from others concerning your pet will result in your having to vacate the property immediately, with no refund being due to you.
- Your pet must be up to date on all inoculations as required by state law.
- Your pet must be on an active and current program, satisfactory to us and to the property owner, for the prevention of fleas at the time of, and throughout, your occupancy of the property.
- Please clean up all pet hair the best you can upon departure. Excessive amounts of hair left will result in your having to pay additional cleaning charges even if you have purchased a departure clean.
- The yard must be clear of all pet evidence at all times, including, but not limited to the time of your departure.
- The pet must be on a leash at all times while outdoors and under the leash control of an adult if not in a completely fenced area with all gates closed.
- No pets with any history of having bitten anyone or of having bitten any other animal can be allowed.
Carolina One Kapp Lyons Group and the property owner each reserve the right to deny pet privileges if either is not satisfied with the flea treatment prevention program identified or if either is otherwise not satisfied with the information the guest provides on the pet contract, in their sole discretion.
The guest will be held responsible for any damage done by his pet. Any guest found breaking the above rules will be required to leave immediately. NO REFUND will be given, and the guest may be charged for any additional damage caused by his pet.
PLEASE NOTE: If the security deposit waiver has been purchased, it DOES NOT cover any damage caused by the animal. The Town of Edisto Beach Leash Law governs all pets on the beach and elsewhere within the Town. Please check with them for current ordinances, 843-869-2505.
The following breeds are excluded from the rental property andare prohibited frombeing at the rental property (whether kept inside or outside the property) during the period of use of the rental property: Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Bull Dog, Any Staffordshire Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Beauceron, Boerboel, Any Mastiff Breed, Cane Corso, Caucasion Ovcharke (Mountain Dog), Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher (except miniatures), Dogo Argentino, English Bull Terrier, German Shepherd, Giant Schnauzer, Great Dane, Gull Dong (Pakistani Bull Dog), Gull Terrier, Husky or Siberian Husky, Any Tosa, Korean Jindo, Perro de Presa Canario or Mallorquin, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Thai Ridgeback, Wolf or Wolf Hybrid, Catahoula Leopard, Coyote, or any mixed breed containing any of the above breeds.
The guest will agree to comply with all the above regulations and hereby certify to Carolina One Kapp Lyons Group and to the owner of the property they are staying in that their pet is not one of the excluded breeds listed above or a mixed breed containing any of the excluded breeds identified above.
The guest will also agree to be responsible for any and all actions, injuries and damages caused by the pet in any way relating to their use and occupancy of the rented property, including, but not limited to damages to the property or property of third parties and injuries to any and all persons at any location, either on or off of this property arising from or relating in any way to the actions of the pet. Also, the guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the property and Carolina One Kapp Lyons Group, its officers, agents and contractors, from any and all claims and actions arising out of or in any way relating to their pet.